.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

'Ride to Conquer Cancer' preparation talk.


Today Alex and I gave a talk to quite a few of the Enbridge employees who are taking part in this year's 'Ride to Conquer Cancer'. Due to the average person's complete unfamiliarity with cycling as a sport, they are equally unfamiliar with cycling for long distances, in bad weather, over hard terrain, importance of nutrition and so on. The talk reiterated over and over that a little bit of preparation goes a long way in cycling and the 2 days spent on the bike can actually be enjoyable!

Alex and I offer a Friday morning cycling class to novice/intermediate riders (or 'want-to-be riders') that is designed to obviously get them a little more fit, but also teach them many aspects of 'cycling' that will make the event far more enjoyable. If you know of anyone that would benefit from this type of training/class, make sure you make them aware of it!

The link to the info about the class is here.

Also: I look like a little tiny version of a human when compared to Alex like that ?!?! I should never stand beside him.

Trev

4 comments:

mgodfrey said...

I wish I was had been there, then we could have had a small (me), medium (Trev) and a Large (Alex) the visual would have been awesome!

DarcyG said...

Even better...

extra-small, (DJ Mike), small (me), medium (Trev) and a Large (Alex)...

mgodfrey said...

But where does "Lothar of the Hill People (aka Slayer Dan) fit in on the continuum?

Dennis said...

Is Alex going to race this year?

Full Calendar