.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Nose Hill XC Race, Feb. 11th at noon. Volunteers?

I took over race directing the Nose Hill XC Running race last year after 8 years of racing it and have enjoyed my volunteer role as this was always one of my favourite races of the series and it is fun to create a fun course for others and watch the event.

Next Sat. (Feb. 11th) I will be there with about 100 racers. I was hoping to get 5 volunteers for course marshals and finish line helpers. Please email me if you don't mind spending 2 hours cheering on a hundred or so crazy XC racers on Nose Hill. You will receive all the stew, soup, and dessert you can eat and pack away with you after the event, as well as a rambunctious volley of applause from the runners.

If you can make it, email me, and I will meet you at 11:35am at the Brisbois entrance to Nose Hill.

If you don't feel like volunteering, then come out to run the event and bring your kids. There is a kids 600m event just before the adult race. Then everyone heads to the TriWood Community center to eat way more calories than they expended!!


See you Feb. 11th !!

Trev

PS: I flag the course in the evening prior to the event, so on Feb. 10th at around 6pm. If you want to meet me for an evening headlamp-lit jog around NoseHill, email me and we'll hook up!!

.

No comments:

Full Calendar