.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Several Skinsuits, race wheels and our roster... It's time!!

Guys, the club has several skinsuits available and I own an extra disk wheel and a wicked front race wheel.

I will bring all the skinsuits to Banff with me as well as all the race wheels I own. This being the biggest event of the season (aside from our JayLap weekend :) it would be great to have most people using every advantage they can. The open men usually start much later than the Cat4's and 5's so my race wheels are available to that Cat too.

Please comment here if you want a skinsuit for the weekend. I have 3 mediums and a small. Also comment if you want to use the race wheels.

Also, let's start up a roster for the weekend. It's time to get excited !! Comment here if you are going!

Open men:
Trev, Handsome Rob, Dennis, Charles, Frank

Open women:
'Dr. Quads' Kimpton, 'The Combine' Taylor, Jenn Joss, 'Robo' Tomo(nator), Erin Taylor, Laura Bennion ...

Cat 5:
Darcy, Tom, Old Rob, Matt, Ferenc, Reinier, Andres, Mike H., Steve P., Brice, Ian Watts ...

Cat 4:
Darryl, Dan, 3 kid Rob, Breakaway Mike Hoang, Larry, Dave, Hooper, 'DJ' Mike, ...

Cat3:
Harley, Thomas, Clarke...

.

21 comments:

Clarke E said...

I'm in for Cat 3

MattJ said...

Both Jennifer and I are racing this weekend. Any other Cat 5s looking to do the 1A (Lake Louise to Banff turnoff and back) as a training ride on Friday, let me know.

Ferenc said...

5+ kid Ferenc, Cat 5. Could use M skinsuit and aero wheels since the family budget hasn't allowed for these yet :) Thanks so much for offering these, Trev.

Related question: Do others go aero for the prologue? Looks like it's half flat half uphill. I have yet to test ride it.

MattJ said...

Trev, I would take a medium skinsuit for the ITT and prologue and maybe your rear disk wheel for the ITT if it is still available.

Reinier Paauwe said...

Reinier, Cat 5, Prologue, ITT & Crit
I would love a disk wheel but sounds like there are a number of 5's in need already.

To answer Ferenc, I didn't see too many TT bikes on the prologue. There's a lot of shifting and pulling (at least for me), so I'm going with my aluminum road bike.

Harley Borlee said...

Hey Trev, if your disk is available for me to use in the Cat 3 time frame would love to try it (assuming it is dura-ace). Never used one before.

Harley.

colombia es pasion said...

Hey this is Andres Perdomo I'm a CAT 5 doing the TT and the crits is also my first event with the team.

colombia es pasion said...

does anyone have a medium jersey that I could use for the Saturday race, I will appreciate it, thank you very much.

Darryl said...

Andres, I have a couple of extra (last years) race jerseys I'll bring out with me.

Anonymous said...

Cat 5 TT and crit. Harley, you can borrow my clincher disk. It weighs 1,000,000 milligrams.

Steve P said...

I'm in for the TT and Crit on Saturday!

Tomo said...

I'm in for Open Women!

Tomo

Robert said...

Anyone have about 300 extra watts kicking around they can loan me?
thx
R

running_on_ice said...

I'm there, but only for the crit. Would've done the whole event if they offered a Cat 5 rr. Any other Cat 5's interested in a recovery ride on Sunday from Banff to LL and back on the 1A?

-Brice

Clarke E said...

I've got 300W you could use Rob, but then my 300W sprint would be even more puny.

Dan Sigouin said...

Trev,

I'm bringing your disc to Banff with me that I borrowed for Wasa. It is Dura-Ace and you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands before I take it out on the course!

I'm not sure if it is lighter then Mike Healy's wheel for Harley to use.

Trev said...

Don't worry Dan, you are safe with that one. Honestly, what would I do, wrestle it out of your possession? I know even if I tried, you'd still have the disk in the end and I'd just be injured!

I have one more.

Trev

Lelly Matthews said...

Hello STC folks! Good luck this weekend at the Banff Bike Fest. Very sad I won't be able to join you all but I am heading to Fernie to ride the trails in prep for the Furious 3 (July 1-3). I promise to trade my fat tires for skinny ones after mid-July!

Robert said...

Where is everyone getting warmed up this afternoon for the HC? Its cooold.

colombia es pasion said...

Hello Derryl I hope you are reading this, I will be early warming up for the TT on saturday, I hope to to see you so I could borrow the jersey, I will probably have a Colombian jersey, Thank you Very much.

Darryl said...

Andres, I plan on making it to Banff around 7:30. If you'd like, you could pick it up this evening in Calgary. I live in Wildwood in case that's close to wherever you are. You can call me if you'd like 807.9335.

Full Calendar