.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Swift Current Cycling Classic -- Day One

After making the drive to Swift Current on Friday afternoon, racing at the Swift Current Cycling Classic started Saturday morning with a 20 km TT with cold temperatures under cloudy skies, but thankfully not a lot of wind (at least for Saskatchewan). I had a good TT overall (my starts still need work), but I managed keep the power on, and at the end of the day took first place.

Saturday afternoon was the road race on an out-and-back course, with headwind going out and tailwind coming back. The terrain and road conditions were a lot like Velocity, but more rolling. At km 14 (ish) I rode away from the group (ok, three other guys) on the only significant climb, channeled my inner Jens Voight and turned the power up, and managed to get to the turn with about a minute lead. I kept the power on the whole way back, and crossed the line in 1st with a significant gap. So, a it's a great start to the weekend.

Tomorrow morning is the crit, followed by a hill climb in the afternoon.

1 comment:

Full Calendar