Hello STC riders, is anyone interested in doing a day or two of riding on the Banff Bike Fest courses next weekend (June 2/3)? I was hoping to get as many women out as possible and, of course, STC dudes are welcome to come. I am going to extend the invite to some of the RMCC ladies who were interested in catching up with us - we can check out the competition in the process!
Here are some ideas for rides next weekend:
Saturday, June 2. Meet at 9:30am in the Sobey's parking lot in Canmore (I will check to make sure we can leave our cars there). On our bikes and riding by 10am:
- Warm-up ride from Canmore to Banff.- Ride Tunnel Mtn loop, 2-3 times prologue hill climb, then ride the Minnewanka TT course.
- Besides a workout and great company, you will get to recon the prologue, Saturday TT, and Sunday road race courses.
- This could be 2 shorter rides (morning/afternoon) or one long ride.
- Another idea for folks who still have some energy left would be to ride the Norquay ski hill road.
- Bring $$ for snacks - if there is a coffee/muffin to be had, I will be sure to schedule a break in the rides to enjoy!
Sunday, June 3. Meet at the Lake Louise shopping mall parking lot (the one with Laggins) at 10am. Ride by 10:30am. I know this seems early but the timing is similar to the race time for the Friday road race:- 80 km road ride from Lake Louise on the 1A (recon of the Friday road race course).
- Focus: 3-4 x 10 min big ring tempo riding with at least 10 min off in between sets.
All this being said, I can commit to the Saturday ride and am a definite "maybe" for Sunday. Work is a bit nutters right now and it's hard to predict when I need to work on the weekends.
Please post if you are interested and committed to coming so I'll know who to look for in Canmore on Saturday morning. Hope lots of you will come!