.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cat 5 Hill Climbing Session - This Thursday - IMPORTANT UPDATE

UPDATE: We'll still ride tomorrow, however, those of us (like me) who need to pick up clothing can do it before or after. BECAUSE I NEED TO PICK UP CLOTHING, I'LL TRY TO GET TO THE SHOP RIGHT AT 6:00, BUT WILL PROBABLY NOT BE AT THE EXTREME BEAN BY 6:30. So, we'll simply meet at Edworthy Hill between 6:30 and 7:00 instead. It's a fairly informal night, so come and go as you wish.

Reminder: All Cat 5s are welcome to come out for some climbing pain. If you can't make it to the Bean by 6:30, meet us at the hill.


P.S. Actually, anyone can come out, but the tips and hints will be geared towards those new to racing.

When: Thursday, April 9, 6:30 pm
Where: Extreme Bean/Edworthy Hill
Who: Cat 5 racers

Let's be honest: thousands of fans don't line the Tour de France route to watch riders race downhill. All Cat 5 riders, especially those new to racing, are welcome to come for an evening session of pain and suffering on the Edworthy Park Hill. Meet at the Extreme Bean for a short warm-up ride to the park, some tips, and a few laps of the hill. If time permits, we'll grab some java back at the Bean.

23 comments:

Rui said...

Sounds like some good suffering. I'll be there.

Anonymous said...

i'll be there.. think suffering is important for results for us

Andrew W

Mark said...

Count me in. I love that hill ...

Matt Mackay said...

i'll be there too...

Scott G-C said...

I can not be there physically but my heart and mind will be with you guys.

roblukacs said...

Does Trev like Pantera?

Aimers said...

I will be there as well.
Amy

Clarke E said...

Sounds good, I'm in.

CDF said...

Count me in. I hate that hill ...

RobWoolley said...

Hey Gang,

I sincerely hope to be there but I might be out of commission. Watch out for that Darcy guy, he doesn't have a threshold for climbing, he just goes and goes.

Andy H said...

Hello all. I returned Sunday from a week in Dallas, unfortunately no cycling. This should be my last trip for a couple of months.

Count me in.

Anonymous said...

I will come by around 7:00 to see how it is going.

Rod M

Unknown said...

Are you guys still cool with people from other teams coming out? I can provide proof of ABA Reg (even though the lic has not come in the mail yet)if you like.

cya

BRENT

Tom K said...

I'll be there.

Tom K

Trev said...

Brent... our club just encourages people to get on their bikes and race!! We don't care what club you are with...although you may be a little less cool :) Come out.

Trev

Anonymous said...

Where is the hill from the Bean as I have not ridden it before. I am going to try to get off work early to pick up my gear and make it to the hill. How long will the hill ride be, is there time to pick up clothing after the ride and catch some deals?
Amy

Darcy G said...

Amy,

Ride west from the Bean to Edworthy Park. Take the bridge over the river and follow the pathway through the park and across the CPR train tracks. The hill is on the other side of the parking lot.

Because it's gear pick-up night, we'll skip any formal teaching sessions. Come and ride the hill as often as you'd like, and when you've had enough, feel free to head to the store for some deals.

Anonymous said...

Awesome thanks so much, I think I have ran that hill from the other side, either way sounds like a good time, hopefully I can sweet talk the boss to let me out a little early!
Amy

Andrew said...

i dont think i'll be able 2 make da HC 2day but next week 4 sure

i'll go to the shop straight from work..


but i'd like 2 rid Saturday silimar to Cat 4 ride, similar time 9:30-10: am

can some1 set a post?

Darcy G said...

Hey all,

Slight changes of plans from my end. Instead of rushing from the shop to the hill, I'm aiming to be on the hill by 6:30 at the latest, do about an hour of hill repeats, and head to the shop at around 7:30.

Those that are still planning on coming from the Bean at 6:30 will be on your own. If you're looking for me on the hill, I'll be riding a silver/red Specialized Allez and wearing a white/red helmet.

Murray S said...

I won't be able to make it to either venues tonight, apparently house plumbing issues take priority, will join the group next week.
Was able to get in a couple of Cochrane hills last night & more tomorrow am.
Have Fun

Jared said...

Great showing at the hill tonight. Thanks for organizing it Darcy.

I am very pumped about the team this year.

Darcy G said...

Thanks to all who came it. It was a good sufferfest! I'll be out of the action for next Thursday, so plan something without me.

Full Calendar