.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Tuesday Evening Reminder

Crit Fear?



 

 

 


I know that many of you need to learn some basics of crit survival. Some of you might be looking to improve your chances of winning one of these things. And a fearful few of you may have given up the idea of ever lining up (again) for one of these savage tests of nerves and speed.

Don't be afraid. You can learn and practice some simple skills that will help you thrive in any action packed crit.

On Tuesday, April 21 and on the following Tuesday, April 28th. I will be at the University Research Park loop, site of Midweek Mayhem's Tuesday night crit series, offering help to those who want it. From equipment to technique and tactics, I'll cover as much as I can.

I don't claim to be a coach or a crit expert but my advice is sure to help you start or continue racing crits with the confidence it takes to improve.

Research Park is here. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=51.085634,-114.13898&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=16&sll=51.085113,-114.1378&sspn=0.006039,0.014141&ie=UTF8&z=16

I'll be there at 6:30

Keith B

11 comments:

Mark said...

Thanks for organizing this. I will be there.

Clarke E said...

I will be there too. Now that I've done a race, crits are now my worst fear.

roblukacs said...

I might be a bit late but I'll try to make it out for around 7

Anonymous said...

Keith,

I will be there about 6:30 as well.

Everyone should come out to these as they are a great experience and will put most of your fears to rest.

Rod M.

Thomas said...

I'll be there.

AAR said...

I'm in.

Rui said...

I will try to make it depending on how late my meeting goes.

Justin D said...

Hey, just wondering... I'm not on the Speed Theory team, but I was checking out some of the teams in Calgary and found this site. I'll be taking part in Midweek Mayhem this year and wondered if this session was open to "members of the public" as well. If you could just leave a comment here I'll be sure to check back; I wouldn't be able to make it tonight (exams!) but I'd love to get some tips next week. Let me know...

Trev said...

If you race bikes.... you are welcome.

Trev

Tom K said...

I'm out. Some sort of gastro intestinal thing has attacked my body. You DON'T want to know the details.

Suffering in a differant way.

Tom

Clarke E said...

Thanks for the session Keith, this really got rid of most of my fears. I can't wait to race one of these now!

Full Calendar