.

Monday, April 20, 2009

First Road Race Ever


Well, I might not be one of the great performances that Trev talked about in the email, but it was a great race for me personally.

This was my first road race of any kind and I rode a TT bike for the first time. I must also say that I am glad that I took the spin classes this winter, although they did not seem to help me go any faster. They did help me make sure I did not go any slower.

I want to encourage all the other first time cat 5 racers to get out there and get your first race under your belt. No matter where you finish it will be a great experience.

I have already signed up for the BiciSport TT, so I will see you there.

Scott

9 comments:

Harley Borlee said...

Congrats Scott, hope you get the chance to get out there and race many more races, they are a blast!

Clarke E said...

Awesome! That was my first race ever too and it was a blast making my heart explode. Although judging by the legs I had this morning I could have pushed a little harder. I'm looking forward to some more team oriented races.

Jared said...

Congrats on the first race Scott. I warn you though. It is addictive.

Scott G-C said...

Clark, my legs told me I could not have gone any fast, but I think my heart did explode on that last hill coming back.

Jared, I am well aware of the addictive nature of racing, it is even more addictive to be on an awesome team.

Rick C said...

Way to go man. No better way to push that personal pain envelope than racing. A quality workout every time. And you just get faster and faster.

Jason said...

Hey Scott - Congrats on a great effort on such a grueling TT course! It was great to see you out there leaving it all on the road.

Murray S said...

Way to go Scott you're making me feel pretty guilty for not attending. I'm attempting to train for a camp but feeling the pressure to race. Great inspiration Scott.

RobWoolley said...

Way to go Scott, looking forward to the Bici ITT with you.

Anonymous said...

Great job Scott!! I am also a new member so I hope to catch up a race or training ride very soon.

JOEL

Full Calendar