.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Banff Bike Fest - Accomodations

Registration for this years' Banff National Park Bike Fest www.banfflakelouise.com/bikefest (see Kalero.com for registration info) is now open and I'm super excited about seeing a strong ST contingent out for what should be a great few days of suffering. We were able to secure discounted accomodation rates for the club at the Banff Aspen Lodge (see URL below) between June 18th-23rd. Registration info is as follows:

Discounted Rate Valid: June 18 - 23, 2009 ~$162 + taxes/night in Premium Room (single/double occupancy) *$10 for extra person in room / $6 for children (maximum occupancy is 4 people per room). *The discounted rate is only available when booked online at www.banffaspenlodge.com <http://www.banffaspenlodge.com/> . When filling out the Availability Request Form, ensure you enter the password "Speed" in the Access Code section. (Password needs to be entered to qualify for special rate).

Accomodations in Banff can be expensive, but this is one alternative especially if racers are willing to share a room with teammates. Leave a comment here or send me an email at fwoolstencroft@hotmail.com if I can help answer questions.

16 comments:

Thomas said...

Has Speed Theory been invited to have our killer Cat 1/2 squad compete in the road race?

Anonymous said...

Is the 1A Sprint open to Cat 5? It's not very clear, could be only Cat 4-3-2-1 and invited.

Thomas said...

Looks like 4, 3 and 2 are the only options on Karelo, seems strange?

Trev said...

Yes, the Cat2 squad is going. We should have a good showing this year if we make it through that crazy crit!!

Trev

Kyle said...

Thomas... Yes... I am handling registration for the Cat 1/2 race.

Tom K said...

How many Cat 5 guys are going? My daughter is signing up for the Little Crits, which I am very excited about.

I'm up for the time trial and road race.

Tom K said...

I see there is no road race for Cat 5's. I'm not on for the crit (need some experience in a more friendly environment first). I might do ok in the hill climb event.

RobWoolley said...

I'm in for the HC, the TT and the crit. It's a decent crit, only 4 turns and the only sketchy thing was the faux-cobble pedestrian section. Course, I executed the Rob Strategy, rode at the front till my heart exploded, then dropped out.

Keith Bayly said...

I have booked a room for all three nights.
I plan to spend the whole weekend there. Crushing opponents, collecting prize money and spending it unwisely!
I'm looking for a room-mate.
I warn you, I'm an early riser.
email me keithbayly@shaw.ca

Chewy said...

Do we have to sign up in a group for Cat 5 too Kyle?
I'm only doing the TT and crit on Sat since i have to work on the other days...

Darcy G said...

I'm in for the HC, TT and Crit, but if I'm up to cat 4 by June I'll stick around for the 1A sprint too.

Kyle said...

Mike,

Cat 3, 4, 5 and women's registration info will be posted when available. It will be by individual/seperate entry.

Unknown said...

Keith, how early are you talking? I get up early on race days...7:30 sometimes!

Tom, you could have 7 or 8 crits under your belt by the time you go to Banff, if you hit Midweek Mayhem on Tuesdays. I say give 'er.

Keith said...

Sorry Lockie, Rod has already spoken for the room.
7:30? You're sleeping your life away!

Scott G-C said...

Signed up for race.

Cat 5 TT and Crit.

Unknown said...

I've booked a room for Jess and I for the three nights at the Banff Aspen Lodge. Good work getting the discount, Frank!

Full Calendar